Become a BSN capstone preceptor
Are you interested in helping senior nursing students make a successful transition to professional nursing role?
IUSON’s capstone program strives to offer experiences for students in all inpatient and outpatient areas, ambulatory clinics, nursing support services, community health, occupational health sites, school nurses, and other healthcare areas—anywhere a BSN-prepared nurse can practice.
All first time preceptors receive training specific to the capstone program in either a live face-to-face class or online. Contact hours are given for completing training.
- Current Indiana licensure
- BSN degree
- Works a minimum of 112 hours over 6 weeks
- Past preceptor experience preferred but not required
- Involved in decision to become a preceptor
- Works willingly with students
- Has a recommendation from a manager
Find out more about becoming a BSN capstone preceptor