Indiana University School of Nursing faculty governance is set forth in the Core Faculty Assembly Constitution and Bylaws that aligns with the governance structures of Indiana University. Faculty members are elected to serve on committees to ensure involvement in decision-making regarding faculty policies and academic program policies.
The IUSON faculty governance structure consists of the Faculty Assembly, Faculty Council, and nine standing committees that include:
- Appointment, Promotion, and Tenure
- BSN Curriculum/Student Affairs
- MSN Curriculum/Student Affairs
- DNP Curriculum/Student Affairs
- PhD Curriculum/Student Affairs
- Faculty Affairs
- Faculty Awards
- Research and Scholarship Advisory
Non-voting members include student representatives who are appointed to committees to provide feedback and administrators who serve as liaisons. The IUSON faculty have representation at the school and campus/university levels of governance.