When you apply to IUPUI, you must meet the following criteria:
- Provide documentation of at least a baccalaureate degree (approximately 120 credits) in which a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale was earned.
- All transferring course work must have a grade of C (2.0) or higher for each completed required BSN general education course to be considered from a university other than Indiana University. No more than three courses may be repeated in order to meet the minimum required grade of C (2.0). Of the three courses, only two failures will be allowed in required science courses.
- If any of courses were taken more than seven years prior to the application to the nursing degree, you must validate the related knowledge and competencies through testing, portfolio, or by repeating the course to be eligible for admission and progression. Courses that fulfill the requirements for anatomy, human physiology, finite math, microbiology, and statistics are considered to be time-limited for individuals pursuing an undergraduate degree in nursing.
To be admitted to the BSN Accelerated Second Degree program, international students must:
- Complete IUPUI’s International Admissions Application.
- In addition to meeting academic qualifications, you must show proficiency in English and proof of financial support before travel documents are issued. A Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score of 61 (iBT) or 550 (PBT) and above may be required for those students whose native language is not English.
- The Office of International Affairs is responsible for all travel documents and immigration concerns as well as orientation and activities that assist students in adjusting to life in the United States.
- After you have been admitted into IUPUI, you will work with academic advisors in University College who will provide guidance about the courses and tests you need to take to meet the application requirements for the BSN program. For more information, visit the University College website or call 317-274-4856.
Applicants are evaluated on 50 credit hours, made up of:
- Anatomy (must include an in person lab)
- Physiology (must include an in person lab)
- Microbiology (must include an in person lab)
- English Composition
- Introductory Psychology
- Introductory Sociology
- Life & Physical Sciences/Math courses
- Statistics course (must be 300 or 400 level)
- Communications course
- Cultural Understanding course
- Arts & Humanities course
- Open Electives
You must meet with an academic advisor to obtain an admissions planning sheet and to ensure you have the most accurate and up-to-date information about admission requirements.
You must be admitted to IUPUI, and have had all your transcripts evaluated by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions prior to meeting with an IU School of Nursing Academic Advisor for your admission planning sheet.
Students with a history of criminal convictions should be advised that some crimes may preclude admission if the student is not able to be placed in our clinical settings.